Saturday, December 19, 2015

Miss World 2015: Top 5 Speeches and Controversies

Mireia Lalaguna Royo, a 23-year-old professional model from Barcelona, wins the beauty pageant in Sanya, China. Miss England failed to make the top 20.

There was also controversy - Miss Canada was banned by China for speaking up about human rights abuses, and this was neatly left out of the show.

Instead, the beauty queen was quietly removed from the Miss World website and not mentioned in the show.

SPEECHES FROM THE TOP 5

1. Spain

Miss Spain said:

"Just because I am beautiful on the outside does not mean I am not beautiful on the inside

"I think I should be the next Miss World because I believe in strong women, I also think I have something inside my heart that I always try to give the best of me. I also believe in Beauty With A Purpose and want to continue its legacy.

"We can find happiness in helping each other".

2. Russia

Miss Russia said: "I think that the main idea of the pagent is Beauty With A Purpose. I want to reach my inner world and show my life and happiness with all people. It's a huge honour for me if I will have the opportunity to do this with the big Miss World family."

3. Indonesia

Miss Indonesia said: "I've always been truly inspired by BWAP because it means having the heart to share and always reaching out to the community. I want to reach out to people and share everything that we have with people around us.

"We are so much more than us. We are fearfully and wonderfully made not just to exist in this world but to make a difference"

4. Lebanon

"I think that modesty and love and serenity is what the world needs more these years. Miss world should have these qualifications in order to spread them all around the world. I promise to use all the energy inside me to draw smiles on other faces."

5. Jamaica

Could we have our first dreadlocked winner?!

She's the first Miss Jamacia with Rastafarian roots. Her parents are Rastafarian, and apparently her win caused controversy in the country.

She said: "I am so grateful. My story is one of a little girl whose life was transformed with charity and love and I want to give that back to others."

No comments:

Post a Comment