Friday, December 25, 2015

Video: Wiretapped calls reveal communication between Turkish officers and ISIS

Turkish officers on the Syrian border have communicated with Islamic State militants in Iraq and Syria, Turkey's Cumhuriyet daily reported, citing an investigation by the Ankara Chief Prosecutor's office which allegedly eavesdropped on their phone calls.
Trends
Islamic State
The wiretapping reportedly took place last year as part of an investigation into six missing Turkish citizens, the Cumhuriyet reported. The relatives of those missing believed they might have joined the ranks of Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL) militants. 

An investigation was launched into as many as 27 suspects, some of them in Syria, the report revealed.

The Chief Prosecutor's office reportedly received permission to wiretap the phones of 19 people who were thought to have put the six missing persons in touch with Islamic State. The investigation reportedly revealed that those who wanted to join IS ranks received some form of “ideological training.”

The file on the investigation is said to have been handed over to the Military Prosecutor's office in March, after the Ankara Prosecutor's office deemed the issue outside of its jurisdiction, according to the Turkish newspaper.

“Those [who joined ISIS] from Ankara often used [the] Elbeyli district [of Kilis] as a throughway by traveling via Gaziantep and Kilis to the village of Able, which is subordinated to Syria's Al-Bab district,” the report said, as cited by newspaper Today’s Zaman.


A note written in one of the transcripts for the wiretappings allegedly states that the person designated in the transcript as “X2” is considered to be a member of the military, the Cumhuriyet reported.

One of the conversations is said to be as follows:

--Yes, brother.
X2: We are on the mined land where I delivered the vehicle. We have put our lights on. [We have the] material on us; come here with your men from that side…

Ankara has recently faced a number of accusations alleging it has bought oil from IS and let terrorists freely pass through Turkey's border with Syria. A newly-leaked report on illegal oil sales by Islamic State, compiled at the request of Norway, revealed that most of the IS-smuggled oil has been destined for Turkey, where it is sold off at bargain low prices.

In early December, the Russian Defense Ministry also released evidence which it said shows most of the illegal oil trade by IS goes to Turkey. Ankara has denied the allegations.


Iraqi MP and former national security adviser, Mowaffak al Rubaie, told RT on Tuesday there is “mounting evidence” from all over the world, including Iraq, that “Turkey is playing not a very clean game,” when it comes to Islamic State.

“Turkish authorities need to do a lot more than what they are doing now to come clean from the accusations that they are siding [with], or at least that they are turning a blind eye to, the movement of these terrorists from Turkey to Syria and Iraq and vice versa,” the MP said.


Thursday, December 24, 2015

‘Free Sheikh Zakzaky’ procession in Sokoto/ Katsina

Members of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria (IMN) on Thursday held procession in Sokoto and Kastina states.

They used the rally to call for the release of their leader, Sheikh Ibrahim El-Zakzaky, who is currently in Police custody.

He has been in detention after his Shi’ites members blocked the convoy of the Chief of Army Staff, Tukur Buratai, in Zaria.

The incident led to killing of scores of members, including IMN second-in-command, Muhammad Turi.


Boko Haram: Civilian JTF seizes bombs concealed in food flasks

Some vigilante operatives Thursday intercepted five food flasks filled with bombs outside a popular Maiduguri mosque.

The development occurred during Eid-Maulud celebration, which is the birthday of holy Prophet Muhammad.

Five suspects believed to be members of Boko Haram loaded the five big food flasks (otherwise known as coolers) and were about to cause havoc before nemesis caught up with them.

It was gathered that adherents of the Tijjaniya Islamic sect were marking the Maulud Nabiyi when the incident occurred.

Premium Times reports that the arrested bombers, earlier claimed that the giant food flasks contained hot rice to be delivered to the celebrating Muslims as gifts.

“When we saw them coming with handpush-cart filled with food flasks, we thought they were normal people that usually come here,” said Aminu Abdullahi, an operative of the Civillan-JTF.

“We almost passed them on when one of our members instinctively asked what the content of the large food flasks were, and they said ‘hot rice to be delivered to the Sheik’s guests’.

“All of us were almost deceived but when we insisted on seeing the flasks opened for proper inspection, the conveyors became jittery, and by the time we forced them to open the flask, we were shocked to find coupled bombs in all the flasks”.

Witnesses said the arrested culprits were all surrounded before they could escape and handed over to the soldiers in the neighbourhood.

The spokesman of the Borno State branch of the Vigilante Group of Nigeria, Muhammed Abba Gava, who confirmed the development said, “it was an act of God that those bombs were Intercepted on time; we have over 5000 people converging in Abdulfathi’s mosque and who knows what could have become of them had those bombs detonated.”

PROMOTED CONTENT
by